Organization of the IOIThe following outlines the organization of the International Olympiad in Informatics.
The President provides leadership for the IOI.
The current President is Arturo Cepeda.
The Executive Director provides service for the administration and development of the IOI.
The current Executive Director is Dr. Richard Forster.
The Chairman is charged with organizing the IOI in their designated year in their respective country.
The current Chairman is Krassimir Manev, Host of IOI'09 in Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
Past Chairmen include:
|Prof. Dr. Peter Kenderov||Bulgaria||1989||Dr. Gokturk Ucoluk||Turkey||1999|
|N. Krasovsky||Soviet Union||1990||Prof. Zide Du||China||2000|
|Prof. George Philokyprou||Greece||1991||Mr. Jari Koivisto||Finland||2001|
|Mr. Peter Heyderhoff||Germany||1992||Prof. Ha-Jine Kimn||Korea||2002|
|Dr. Alicia Bunuelos||Argentina||1993||Prof. Don Piele||USA||2003|
|Mr. Yngve Lindberg||Sweden||1994||Dr. Spyros Bakogiannis||Greece||2004|
|Mr. Ries Kock||Netherlands||1995||Prof. Krzysztof Diks||Poland||2005|
|Dr. Péter Hanák||Hungary||1996||Mr. Arturo Cepeda||Mexico||2006|
|Mr. Lionel Hartmann||South Africa||1997||Mr. Ivo Separovic||Croatia||2007|
|Prof. Alexandre Cerveira||Portugal||1998||Dr. Mohammed Youssef||Egypt||2008|
The General Assembly (GA) is the owner of the IOI.
- The leaders and deputy leaders of the countries present at the current IOI
- The President of the IOI and the Executive Director of the IOI
- The Chair of the current IOI, and the Chair of the ISC
- The members of the IC
- A representative of IFIP
The International Committee (IC) is charged with overseeing the organization of the IOI.
- The President of IOI
- The Executive Director (non-voting)
- Three immediate past hosts representatives,
- One current host representative,
- Three immediate future hosts representatives,
- Three other persons elected for two years by the GA.
International Scientific Committee
The International Scientific Committee (ISC) is charged with overseeing the competitions at the IOI.
- 1 Member from IOI'n-1 Host
- 3 Members from IOI'n Host
- 1 Member from IOI'n+1 Host
- 3 Members elected by the GA
- 1 ITWG Chair
International Technical Working Group
The International Technical Working Group (ITWG) is charged with overseeing the environment and grading system at IOI.